Mats Schwertner studied law at the University of Bayreuth and the Westphalian Wilhelms University of Münster. During his studies, he focused on tax law. During his legal clerkship, he devoted more time to commercial law and contract law and to business law in the legal department of a large chemical company. As a research assistant at the law firm Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, he also deepened his knowledge of corporate law, M&A and venture capital. He was admitted to the bar in 2022 and worked for the law firm Taylor Wessing in the areas of litigation and insurance law. He joined the team of MTR Attorneys at Law in 2023.
At MTR Attorneys at Law, Mats Schwertner focuses his advice on commercial and corporate law, contract law and general civil law. Here he is the contact person for national and international clients. He is also entrusted with the conduct of complex civil law proceedings.
- 2012 - 2014 Studies of law at the University of Bayreuth
- 2014 - 2018 Law studies at the Westfälische Wilhelms University Münster
Focus on tax law
- 2018 - 2021 Legal clerkship at the District Court of Hagen with the following stations: Bayer AG (legal department, commercial law), OrthKluth Rechtsanwälte, Central Department of the Faculty of Law at the University of Hagen, Hagen Public Prosecutor's Office, Hagen District Court
- 2021 Research assistant at Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek in the areas of corporate law, M&A and venture capital
- 2022 Admission to the bar
- 2021 - 2022 Ass. jur. and lawyer at Taylor Wessing with work in the areas of litigation and insurance law