Michael Wiechmann graduated in law at the University of Cologne with a focus on civil law and civil procedure law. His practice as a prosecutor in the Cologne district attorney’s office encompassed criminal law and criminal procedure law. He also served as in-house counsel to HCA Health Care Advisers GmbH – advising on labor and employment law, drafting contracts, corporate law, and medical law – and later pursued further studies specializing in labor and employment law.
Mr. Wiechmann’s practice focuses on labor and employment law, banking law, and litigation.
He advises domestic and international clients from the banking, insurance and finance, wholesale and foreign trade, real estate and hotel, as well as metal and electrical industries.
- 2000 - 2006 Study of Law at the University of Cologne
Focus on: Civil Law and Civil Procedure Law
- 2006 Legal Traineeship at the District Court of Aachen
Department of Public Prosecution Aachen
German University of Administrative Sciences Speyer
Law firm, Aachen
- 2008 - 2010 Prosecutor at the Department of Public Prosecution Cologne, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure Law
- 2010 - 2012 Corporate Counsel of the HCA Health Care Advisers GmbH, Labour Law, Contract Law, Company Law, Health Care Law
- Admitted to the German bar
- 2014 - 2015 Certified lawyer’s course for Labour Law specialists