Lion Bischoff read law at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum, specializing in criminal defense, criminal procedural law, and criminology, while also pursuing a particular interest in commercial law. His close association with sport as a longtime player in Germany’s tennis Bundesliga has also been a big influence – for instance, on his seminar paper on the assessment of damages in sports betting fraud. While at university, he spent an exchange semester in France at CY Cergy Paris Université.
During his studies, Mr. Bischoff also completed internships at law offices in Jordan and Mexico, where the focus of his work was company law and contract law. Additionally, he completed a student placement with the district administration of Recklinghausen with an emphasis on general administrative law.
Mr. Bischoff’s main areas of focus during his legal clerkship were commercial and company law as well as general civil law.
He has been part of the team here at MTR Rechtsanwälte since 2022.
Mr. Bischoff’s practice focuses on commercial and company law, employment and labor law, as well as general civil law. He advises both domestic and international clients, particularly on issues related to insolvency law and copyright.
- 2009-2018: Studied law at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Specialization(s): Criminal defense, criminal procedural law, and criminology
- 2011: Exchange semester at CY Cergy Paris Université
- 2010: Internship at law offices in Jordan
- 2011: Internship at law offices in Mexico
- 2012: Student placement with the district administration of Recklinghausen
- 2018-2021: Legal clerkship at the Oberlandesgericht [Higher Regional Court of] Düsseldorf
- 2022: Second state examination in law (bar exam)